I now going to explain how to integrate JSUnit into your visual studio 2005/2008 Express/Standard/* version.
the procedure is the same, so now I show you what you need:
JSUnit, get the latest version here
- A copy of Visual Studio (I tried on Express, Standard and Professional) 200X,
i not tried with 2003, but for what I remember the procedure is the same
- Mozilla firefox
I only get this method work on firefox, probably because an IE restriction on file: protocol,
is not mandatory but i reccomend to install this both plugin for Firefox:
Firebug and web developer toolbar
- open up Visual Studio
- On the menu go under Tools (Alt+T)- External Tools (E)
- Click on the Add button
- in the title box write "JSUnit"
- click on the "..." button to search your firefox executable (probably under "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe") and fill the Command Box
- on the Arguments box write "file://path/to/jsUnit/testRunner.html?testPage=$(ItemPath)&autoRun=true"
- Click on the OK button
where path/to/jsUnit is the path where you install your jsunit copy.
to test it open the file
path/to/jsUnit/tests/jsUnitAssertionTests and from Tools select JSUnit.
ps.following the instruction on this page